Are you looking to upgrade the décor of your home? If so, there are so many things to think about such as what color you want to paint the walls, what type of furnishings to choose, and what accessories to get to achieve the look you are trying to create. One way to simplify your redecorating project is to consider Oriental Rugs.
Add A Touch of Character and Color to Your Room, and Other Exciting Benefits of Oriental Rugs
There are many reasons why using Oriental rugs in your home can transform its entire look and ambience, and there are also other important benefits people don’t consider, as follows:
• Add beauty and style: Oriental rugs are breathtakingly beautiful. One carefully chosen rug is all you need to add beauty and style to any room. In order to achieve the right look, be sure to measure the space and consider the existing décor before choosing your rug.
• Provide warmth and comfort: When you’re looking to add warmth and comfort to any room, nothing beats an Oriental rug with a long pile. These rugs are made from all-natural materials that feel soft and luxurious to the touch, and the longer length of pile makes them feel particularly plush under your feet.
• Prevent slips and falls: Hardwood or stone flooring is not just hard and cold, it can also be very slippery with nothing to cushion your fall. This can make a bare floor very dangerous. This is where an Oriental rug combines form and function beautifully. Not only will it add beauty and style to the space, it also performs the very practical function of preventing slips and falls.
• Lift dark spaces: If you have any dark spaces in a room, you know how it affects the look of the entire room. Placing a light- colored rug in that space will instantly give it a brighter look and is much more environmentally friendly than keeping a lamp lit in that space at all times.
• Inject color into a room: Very few décor accessories are as colorful as Oriental rugs. No matter what color combination you are looking for, you are sure to find a rug to match exactly what you have in mind. And because they come in all shapes and sizes, you can buy a small rug to inject a pop of color into a small space or a larger rug to make a bold, colorful statement in a larger room.
• Cover Unwanted Sights: Cracked or stained spots can create ugly areas in the flooring that can be difficult and expensive to repair. A simpler and more economical way to dealing with these unwanted sights is to cover them up with a beautiful Oriental rug.
• Connect Spaces: If you are looking for a way to connect two spaces to create a cohesive look, an Oriental rug will fulfill this purpose beautifully.
• Absorb noise: A plush oriental absorbs all those unwanted sounds so family members can study, sleep, or listen to music without getting constantly disturbed or distracted.
• Decorative element: Oriental rugs are a fantastic decorative element, not just for your flooring but for your walls too. Before buying a rug, whether for your floor or décor, it is most important to measure the space. A rug that is too big or too small will not create the stunning effect that you are hoping to achieve.
Are You Looking to Purchase a Hand-Knotted Persian or Oriental Rug?
If you are decorating a room in your home and looking to purchase a high quality, hand-knotted Oriental and Persian rug(s) in the Metro DC area, look no further than J & J Oriental Rug Gallery. If you would like your rug professionally cleaned, we can do that too! If you are looking for an Oriental rug to complete the look of a room(s) in your home, please come visit our showroom. Remember, the right way to dress your floor is just a call away: 703-991-5486.